Vanilla Bean Pistachio Cake
Vanilla Bean Pistachio CakeMoist and delicious gluten-free lemon cake is layered with coconut whipped cream and mixed berries. The perfect dessert to welcome spring!Ingredients
- Lemon-Berry Cake
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 1 cup Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour* (see notes below for substitution)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened butter (can use dairy-free)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup (or combo of both)
- ? cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 2-3 large lemons to taste
- Lemon Whipped Cream (recipe below)
- 3-4 cups mixed berries (some sliced and halved for in between layers)
- edible flowers optional
Lemon Whipped Cream :
- 16 oz. regular or dairy-free cream cheese or mascarpone
- 1–2 (14 oz) cans coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight (about 1¾ cup firm coconut cream liquid discarded. Can also use 1 cup regular whipping cream if not dairy-free)
- 3-5 tablespoons honey or other sweetener of choice (more or less to taste)
- juice and zest from 1 lemon (more or less to taste)
- This cake makes two 8-inch or three 6-inch cakes. To make a 3 layer 8-inch cake use 1½ cake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease cake pans and line the bottom with a parchment paper circle (cut to fit the bottom.) Set aside.
- Combine flours baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add softened butter eggs coconut oil and sweetener. Begin beating together with the flour mixture. Slowly mix in the milk vanilla extract and lemon zest. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the flower is evenly incorporated.
- Evenly distribute cake batter into the pans and place on the middle rack in the preheated oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes OR until cake is golden brown center is set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Bake time will vary upon pan and thickness of batter.
Full Instructions Visit : https://www.wifemamafoodie.com/lemon-layer-cake-fresh-berries/