Ultimate Chocolate Poke Cake
IngredientsFor the cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: eggs oil and water
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- For the frosting:
- 1 tub milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 tub (4 oz) whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- Bake cake according to directions on box. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
- In a bowl whisk together chocolate pudding and milk. Pour pudding mixture over cake (be sure to aim it into the holes.)
- Let cake chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- To make frosting beat the tub of frosting in a large bowl (using an electric mixer)until smooth then fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cake and let chill again for 2-3 hours. Then serve!
NutritionCalories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 3.1mgThis article and recipe adapted from this site