Tomato Quinoa Salad
It s time to add another tasty quinoa recipe to our meal prep game! This Tomato Quinoa Salad is fast flavorful and easily made in advance for speedy lunches and sides for work school or home!Feel free to double this recipe if needed it s so easy to do!Ingredients
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 2-3 cups chopped/sliced tomato
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic (smashed and minced)
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- additional fresh chopped parsley to taste
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve. Bring a small pot to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa! Next add your water set burner to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer covered with the lid slightly ajar for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks chop slice and prep the remaining ingredients.
- To make the dressing combine avocado oil (or healthy oil of your choosing) with fresh lime juice minced garlic parsley cumin salty and pepper.
Full Instructions Please Visit peasandcrayons.com