The Most Amazing Blueberry Cookies
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz. white chocolate-chopped into small chunks
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 2.5 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3–4 tablespoons blueberry jam
- In a small bowl whisk together dry ingredients: flour corn starch salt and baking powder set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar on high speed for about 2 minutes until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Running your mixer on low mix in dry ingredients mix.
- Fold in about ¾ of white chocolate chunks reserve remaining to press on top of cookies.
- Finally fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula but do this really gently and try not to break the berries. The dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To make the filling mix cream cheese vanilla and powdered sugar just to combine and place in the fridge.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To assemble the cookies scoop one heaping tablespoon of dough and make a deep bowl. Fill with 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture and about ¾ teaspoons of blueberry jam. Top with ½ Tablespoon of cookie dough and seal any openings. Roll gently to make a ball. Press a few white chocolate chunks on top and sides of each cookie. Before baking freeze cookie balls for 10 minutes (if you don’t have enough space or baking sheet in the freezer place rolled cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper and freeze and transfer on baking sheet when ready to bake)
- Arrange cookie balls onto baking sheet leaving 3 inches apart because the cookies will spread while baking. Bake 16-18 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer on a rack too cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site