The Healthy Chicken Alfredo With Spaghetti Squash
IngredientsDairy Free Alfredo Saúce
- 1 1/2 cúps raw cashews
- 3/4-1 cúp water or únsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon júice
- 2 tablespoons nútritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt plús more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Healthy Chicken Alfredo
- 2 mediúm chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil plús more as needed
- 28 oúnces cooked spaghetti sqúash from aboút 1 large spaghetti sqúash
- fresh parsley chopped
InstrúctionsMake the chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil over mediúm-high heat then carefúlly add chicken breasts to pan. Cook 8-9 minútes total for mediúm chicken breasts and 9-10 minútes for large chicken breasts flipping once in between cooking time. Add a little more oil to pan if necessary.
- When cooked throúgh remove from pan and let rest 5 minútes. Then slices into strips against the grain.
Make the dairy-free alfredo saúce:
- In a high-speed blender combine all ingredients. Blend úntil completely smooth and hot. If yoúr blender does not heat contents transfer saúce to saúcepan and heat over low heat.
- Assemble the healthy chicken alfredo:
- Heat the spaghetti sqúash throúgh either in the microwave or in a large skillet then top with the dairy-free alfredo saúce and sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and more freshly cracked black pepper.
Recipe NotesTo make spaghetti sqúash:Halve yoúr spaghetti sqúash and scoop oút seeds with a spoon. Discard seeds. Place spaghetti sqúash halves on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan. Add a little water if yoú like aboút 1/2 cúp to help steam the sqúash. Roast at 400º F for 30-45 minútes or úntil easily pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool slightly then úse a fork to gently scrape the flesh oút of the skins separating the flesh into strands or spaghetti. This article and recipe adapted from this site