The Best Two Ingredient Crispy Oven Bbq Chicken
TWO INGREDIENT CRISPY OVEN BBQ CHICKENTHE BEST TWO INGREDIENT CRISPY OVEN BBQ CHICKENHere s the details of recipe:Two Ingredient Crispy Oven Baked BBQ ChickenThis firm broiler bar-b-que chicken recipe utilizes just TWO INGREDIENTS – grill sauce and chicken (in addition to a little olive oil salt and pepper) – to make the crispiest most superbly coated sweet sticky and delicious prepared grill chicken you will ever have.Prep Time 5 minsCook Time 50 minsTotal Time 55 minsServings: 8 pieces Calories: 402kcalIngredients
- 8-10 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks bone-in skin on
- 2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the chicken on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees.
- Coat the top of the chicken with barbecue sauce using a basting brush. Use a spatula to flip the chicken over being careful not to tear the skin. Baste the other side of the chicken and place back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven baste top with barbecue sauce and place back in oven for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven again and baste again for a total of three times and place back in oven for 7 more minutes.
- If the chicken hasn t crisped and browned to your liking move the oven rack up and broil the chicken for 3-5 minutes until it s more crispy.
- You can also place the chicken skin side up from the beginning (skip the first skin side down step) on a baking rack nestled into a rimmed baking sheet to elevate it so it s not sitting in its juices resulting in more crispiness all around (and less fat!).
- Bone-in skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks are the best for juicy chicken every time. If you use chicken breasts I recommend bone-in skin on.
- If you really want to use boneless skinless chicken breasts I recommend baking them initially for only 10 minutes instead of 25 add some bbq sauce on the top flip them then continue to baste them in BBQ sauce every 7 minutes three times. This will result in a total cooking time slightly over 30 minutes. At this point they will probably be done cooking but you should use a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part to double check that they are 165 degrees F.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste any optional ingredients and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Nutrition FactsTwo Ingredient Crispy Oven Baked BBQ ChickenAmount Per Serving (2 pieces of chicken)Calories 402Calories from Fat 189% Daily Value*Fat 21g32%Saturated Fat 5g31%Cholesterol 86mg29%Sodium 815mg35%Carbohydrates 29g10%Sugar 23g26%Protein 22g44%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Source: TWO INGREDIENT CRISPY OVEN BBQ CHICKENHAPPY & Enjoy Cooking