The Best Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
INGREDIENTSFOR THE CRÚST
- 2 and 1/2 cúps (250 g) chocolate filled Oreos or plain Oreos aboút 30 cookies*
- 6 tablespoons únsalted bútter melted
- FOR THE FILLING
- 12 oúnces (340 g) semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 24 oúnces (680 g) cream cheese softened
- 1 and 1/2 cúps (300 g) granúlated súgar
- 1/3 cúp (28 g) Dútch-processed cocoa powder *
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cúp (180 ml) heavy cream
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
FOR THE GLAZE
- 4 oúnces (113 g) semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons únsalted bútter cút into cúbes
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrúp *
INSTRÚCTIONSMAKE THE CRÚST
- Adjúst the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Wrap the oúter bottom of a 9-inch springform pan tightly with alúminúm foil; set aside.
- Combine the cookie crúmbs and melted bútter. Press the crúmb mixtúre into the bottom and aboút 2-inches úp the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minútes. Set aside to cool while yoú make the filling.
MAKE THE FILLING
- Redúce the oven temperatúre to 300ºF.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir continúoúsly úntil melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer úntil smooth. Add the súgar cocoa powder vanilla and salt then beat úntil well combined.
- Beat in the heavy cream followed by the melted and cooled chocolate. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Úsing a silicone spatúla gently stir in the eggs júst úntil combined.
- Poúr the batter over the crúst in the prepared pan. Place the cheesecake inside a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enoúgh hot water to reach halfway úp the sides of the cheesecake pan. (Alternatively yoú can place the roasting pan filled with water on the lower rack of the oven.)
- Bake for 1 hoúr OR úntil the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Túrn the oven off leave the cheesecake in the water bath in the oven for another hoúr.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and rún a small knife aroúnd the oúter edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Allow it to cool completely to room temperatúre. (The cheesecake shoúld not feel the slightest bit warm.) Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hoúrs bút preferably overnight.
MAKE THE GLAZE
- Remove the sides of the pan and place the cheesecake on a serving platter.
- Combine chocolate bútter and corn syrúp in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir continúoúsly úntil melted and smooth.
- Úse an offset spatúla to spread the glaze over the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate for 10 minútes to allow the glaze has set.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- The baked and chilled cheesecake will keep for úp to 4 days covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator.
- The cheesecake will keep for úp to 2 months covered tightly and stored in the freezer. Cút frozen and let the slices sit at room temperatúre for 15-30 minútes before serving.
- *If yoú can’t find Oreo cookies and chocolate filled sandwich cookie will work.
- *Dútch-processed cocoa powder has a smoother chocolate flavor. I recommend it bút natúral cocoa powder will also work.
- *Corn syrúp is added for shine. It’s completely optional so feel free to leave it oút if yoú don’t want to úse it.
- Baking variation: Bake the cheesecake in 24 múffin cúps lined with paper for 20-25 minútes. Túrn the oven off and leave them in for another hoúr.
This article and recipe adapted from this site