The Best Strawberry Brownies Ever
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 TB water or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8 or 9 square baking pan with parchment; spray with flour spray.
- Mix strawberry cake mix eggs and oil with hand mixer until well combined.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just set; be careful not to overcook.
- Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes; lift carefully from pan using ends of parchment to lift.
- Mix powdered sugar with the water or lemon juice (and extract if using) until smooth. It should be pourable but not watery.
- Pour glaze over brownies spreading to edges so that glaze will drip down sides.
- Allow brownies to cool and glaze to set before cutting into squares.
- Duncan Hines is my fave cake mix.
- 8 pans yield thicker brownies; 9 pans yield thinner ones.
- Batter will be very thick; use a good mixer to mix and spatula to spread.
- Refrigerate baked and glazed brownies for an hour or so before cutting and they will cut easier.
This article and recipe adapted from this site