- 1 package Red Velvet Oreo Cookies crushed (About 25 Cookies)
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 4 8 ounce cream cheese blocks softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp vanillia
- 8 ounce cool whip (I use extra creamy if available)
- 16 Oreo Fireworks Cookies roughly chopped
- additional chopped Fireworks Cookies for topping
- Red White & Blue Sprinkles or Candies for topping if desired
- Crush 1 Package Red Velvet Oreo Cookies (leave stuffing in to crush) with food processor.
- Melt butter in microwave. I use my 1 stick setting and it melts perfectly (about 1 minute)
- Combine crushed Red Velvet Oreo crumbs together in a bowl.
- In 9 X 13 baking dish press Red Velvet Oreo mixture into bottom of dish to make a crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or 1 hour until well chilled.
- In stand mixer (with beater attachment) or with electric beaters beat softened cream cheese until smooth (about 4 to 5 minutes). Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
- Fold in chopped Fireworks Oreo cookies and whipped cream until combined.
- Spoon mixture over chilled crust and spread out evenly.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Top with addition coarsely crushed Fireworks Cookies and sprinkles and/or candies if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site