The Best Meatloaf Recipe
The Best Meatloaf RecipeThe Best Meatloaf Recipe Here s The Details of Recipe:The Best Meatloaf Recipe – Yasss may be the only word you utter after your chomp down and savor the bursting flavors of this delicious classic tender and moist meatloaf. Prep Time 10 minsCook Time 50 minsTotal Time 1 hrServings: 8 peopleCalories: 472 kcalINGREDIENTS:
- 2 lb ground beef preferably not lean ground beef
- 4 slices of fresh bread food processed
- 1/3 cup beef broth I used Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 pinch ground thyme
- 2 pinches dry parsley
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups red onion diced
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar about 4-5 tablespoons
- 2 tsp pepper optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the entire top and sides of a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. See notes. Fill a baking sheet or sheet pan with water and place it on the very bottom shelve in the oven. *See notes.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough add the onions and cook until softened about 6-8 minutes. A minute before the onions are done add the garlic.
- Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Remove the onions and garlic from the skillet and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- To a small bowl add the fresh breadcrumbs eggs Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Mix gently. Let the breadcrumbs soak for 5 minutes.
- To a bowl add the ketchup pepper and brown sugar. Mix well. Reserve for later.
- Use a bowl big enough for the ground beef and breadcrumb mixture. Add the ground beef to the bowl with all the seasonings salt and pepper. Add the breadcrumb mixture onions and garlic and gently mix.
- Place the beef on the baking sheet lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil or line it with parchment paper. Shape the beef into a loaf. Pour only half of the brown sugar ketchup over the meatloaf. Put the meatloaf on the shelf right above the pan with water.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the temperature on your meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit *See notes. Cover the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup glaze and serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
- Bread: Use regular store brand white bread. You can break the bread into small pieces or use a food processor. Just make sure the bread is soaked through before you add the bread mixture to the beef.
- Tough meatloaf is no good – With a light touch combine the ground beef with the egg bread and onion mixture. Do not over-mix.
- Juicy and tender meatloaf – Fill a baking sheet with water. Place it on bottom oven shelf. Place the meatloaf on the shelf right above the pan of water. Fill with water.
- Easy cleanup – line the baking sheet with parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil. I used parchment paper for this recipe since I was out of foil BUT I prefer to use aluminum foil. The baking tray stays a bit cleaner with foil.
- Rest – let the cooked meatloaf rest for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Storage – refrigerate meatloaf in airtight containers or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap for 3-4 days.
- How to freeze – to freeze cooked meatloaf wrap room temperature meatloaf tightly in saran wrap then foil. Put it into a ziploc bag. Label and date it. Next place in the freezer. It will last up to 3 months.
- Freeze raw meatloaf – Wrap each raw meatloaf tightly in saran wrap then foil. Put it into a ziploc bag. Label and date it. Properly storing meatloaf in Frozen meatloaf wrapped properly will last up to 3 months. When you are ready to bake it let it defrost overnight in the refrigerator and proceed with the baking instructions per the recipe.
Source: The Best Meatloaf RecipePlease leave me a rating or a comment and let me know if you love this chicken! You can also tag me with #indogen.site on social media so I can see your meals. Thank you!HAPPY & Enjoy Cooking