The Best Louisiana Pralines
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 7 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half & half
- Combine the butter sugars and half in half into a large saucepan then turn the heat up to medium.
- Bring the candy mixture to 240 F and let the candy mixture cook for about 5 minutes without stirring.
- After the five minutes add in the vanilla extract and stir.
- Remove from the heat.
- Toss in the pecans and fold in.
- Grab a wooden spoon and stir the hot candy mixture until it thickens.
- Spoon out the candy mixture onto parchment paper.
- Let the candy cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site