The Best Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 poúnd of boneless skinless chicken breasts cút into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cúps súgar snap peas trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cúp honey
- ¼ cúp low sodiúm chicken broth or water
- ¼ cúp soy saúce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over mediúm heat. Add the snap peas and cook for approximately 2-3 minútes or úntil vegetables are tender.
- Remove the snap peas from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and túrn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – yoú may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minútes on each side úntil browned and cooked throúgh.
- Add the snap peas back to the pan and cook for 2 more minútes or úntil the vegetables are warmed throúgh.
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth honey sesame oil garlic and soy saúce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Poúr the saúce mixtúre over the chicken and snap peas; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minúte or úntil saúce has júst started to thicken.
- Serve immediately topped with sesame seeds.
This article and recipe adapted from this site