The Best Crepe Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or canola oil
- good pinch of salt
US Customary – MetricInstructions
- Place all ingredients in order as listed in a blender and blitz until smooth about 1 minute. Scrape the sides and blend again briefly until batter is lump-free. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but 2 is ideal.
- Place nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat* to preheat. Melt a little butter or oil in the bottom of the pan and swirl to coat. With the hot skillet in one hand and the batter in the other slowly and steadily pour crepe batter into the center of the pan tilting the skillet around to spread the batter evenly across the bottom in a very thin layer. It takes some practice but after 3 or 4 times you can get consistently even crepes.
- After 10-15 seconds the crepe batter shouldn t look shiny anymore it should appear more matte and the bottom should be lightly browned. So flip it over and cook another 10 seconds or so. Remove from pan and repeat this process until no more batter remains.
- I like to pile my crepes into a pie plate covered with some foil throughout the cooking process to keep them all warm a trick my Mom does. Serve immediately with whatever toppings you desire.
This article and recipe adapted from this site