The Best Chicken Stew Ever
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 lb. baby potatoes quartered
- 3 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat melt butter. Add carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring often until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated then add chicken thyme bay leaf potatoes and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Using two forks shred chicken into small pieces and return to pot.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site