The Best Cake Recipes
THE BEST CAKE RECIPESPerfect for birthdays this is a foolproof and really easy chocolate cake recipe. It’s somoist and fudgy and will keep well for 4–5 days.Each serving provides 477 kcal 6.5g protein 56g carbohydrates (of which 40g sugars) 25g fat (of which 10.5g saturates) 2.5g fibre and 0.6g salt.Ingredients
- For the cake
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 350g/12½oz caster sugar
- 85g/3oz cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 free-range eggs
- 250ml/9fl oz milk
- 125ml/4½fl oz vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml/9fl oz boiling water
For the chocolate icing
- 200g/7oz plain chocolate
- 200ml/7fl oz double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease and line two 20cm/8in sandwich tins.
- For the cake place all of the cake ingredients except the boiling water into a large
- mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or electric whisk beat the mixture until smooth and
- well combined.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture a little at a time until smooth. (The cake mixture
- will now be very liquid.)
- Divide the cake batter between the sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 25–35 minutes
- or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake
- comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely still in their tins before
- For the chocolate icing heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat until
- the chocolate melts. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the mixture until smooth
- glossy and thickened. Set aside to cool for 1–2 hours or until thick enough to spread
- over the cake.
- To assemble the cake run a round-bladed knife around the inside of the cake tins to
- loosen the cakes. Carefully remove the cakes from the tins.
- Spread a little chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cakes then
- carefully top with the other cake.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and ice the cake all over with the chocolate icing
- using a palette knife.
ORIGINAL POST VISIT :bbc.comHershey s perfectly chocolate Chocolate CakeHershey s perfectly chocolate chocolate cake with 5 ingredient chocolate frosting isour favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe. Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanUnit: cup large teaspoonServings: 16Calories: 383 kcalAuthor: Lauren AllenIngredients
- For the Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter (*see note)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar flour cocoa baking powder baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs milk oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes
- For a 9×13 One Layer Cake
- Grease 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at
- 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners and fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 22 to
- 25 minutes. Cool completely completely before frosting. Makes 24-30 cupcakes
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- Combine butter and cocoa powder.
- Add powdered sugar milk and vanilla extract.
ORIGINAL POST :tastesbetterfromscratch.com