Thai Red Curry Chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts sliced into 1/4” slices then 2” pieces**
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 13.5 oz. can quality coconut milk (I like Chaokoh)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Asian/Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (like Mae Ploy)
- 2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- sriracha to taste/Asian chili sauce (optional)
- lime zest to taste
- fresh basil
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken onion and red curry paste and cook just until chicken is no longer pink. Add bell peppers zucchini ginger and garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add half of the coconut milk. Mix remaining coconut milk with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to skillet along with all remaining ingredients (expect Garnishes).
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the vegetables reach desired crisp-tenderness. If you would like a thinner sauce thin with water (I don’t do this). Discard bay leaf.
- Garnish with additional optional fresh basil cilantro lime zest lime juice and Sriracha to taste. Serve with rice.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE