Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 28 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce I use El Pato Brand
- Add these items at the end:
- 10 corn tortillas I used an entire 11.7 ounce bag
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese divided
- 3.8 oz. can black olives divided
- Put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce in your slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Cut the tortillas in to strips add to chicken and sauce. Stir.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and half the olives into the sauce and chicken mixture. Stir again.
- Flatten the mixture.
- Add the rest of the cheese and the olives on top.
- Cook on low for about 40 – 60 minutes longer.
- Top with sour cream (optional)
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE