Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast tenders
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas warmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine onion bell pepper chicken tenders olive oil salt and pepper and spices.
- Toss to combine.
- Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread chicken bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
- Cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 1-2 minutes just letting the veggies pick up some color. Watch carefully to make sure they don t start to burn.
- In the last five minutes of cooking not while the broiler is on let tortillas wrapped in foil warm in the oven.
- Squeeze juice from fresh limes over fajita mixture while hot and top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve in warm tortillas.
This article and recipe adapted from this site