Sesame Chicken And Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper optional and to taste
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- To a large skillet add the oils chicken and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until chicken is nearly cooked through; stir and flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- While chicken cooks to a small bowl add the cornstarch water and stir to dissolve; set slurry aside.
- To a separate medium saucepan add the brown sugar soy sauce honey hoisin sauce chili garlic sauce ginger stir to combine and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow mixture to bubble gently for 1 minute.
- After the mixture is boiling add the cornstarch slurry whisk to combine and allow the sauce to boil and thicken for 2 to 3 minutes; whisking nearly constantly.
- Push the chicken to one side of the skillet add the broccoli to the other side evenly pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli and gently stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Cover skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is as crisp-tender as desired.
- Optionally add salt and pepper evenly sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve immediately. Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months
This article and recipe adapted from this site