Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Sausage Stuffed portobello MushroomsSausage Stuffed portobello MushroomsThese Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a delicious low carb dinner! A savory sausage tomato sauce topped with gooey melty cheese on top of an umami portobello mushroom! Make this umami bomb for dinner tonight!Course DinnerCuisine AmericanKeyword portobello mushroom recipe Sausage stuffed potobella mushroom Stuffed portobello mushroomPrep Time 45 minutesCook Time 15 minutesTotal Time 1 hourServings 8 ServingsCalories 437 kcalAuthor Meghan | Fox and BriarIngredients
- 8 Portobello mushrooms stems and gills removed
- 1 pound hot Italian Sausage ground
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean mushroom caps: Remove stems from mushrooms and use a spoon to scrape out the gills. Arrange mushroom caps on a baking sheet brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat brown the sausage. Remove from pan. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot add the onions and bell peppers season with salt and pepper. Saute until they have released their water and water has evaporated and they are soft and starting to turn golden.
FOR FULL INSTRUCTION PLEASE VISITfoxandbriar.com