Pineapple Barbecue Chicken
- 1 pound (4 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sugar honey barbecue sauce (you can use your favorite low sugar barbecue sauce) divided *
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks drained
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish and top with 1/3 of the barbecue sauce; rub in the barbecue sauce and top with pineapple chunks.
- Add remaining barbecue sauce on top and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until chicken s internal temperature reads 165F.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE