One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz dried short-cut pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Newman s Own)
- water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional dried Italian seasoning optional
- fresh parsley and/or basil minced for garnish
- To a large pot or skillet (I used my dutch oven) add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add chicken season with salt pepper Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook about 5 minutes until chicken is most of the way cooked through. Remove to a plate.Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes until soft. Pour in marinara sauce fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a strong simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta stir then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until pasta is cooked to your liking. Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if desired and garnish with parsley or basil.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE