New Orleans Beignets
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 (.25-ounce) (or 7 g) packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 – 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- corn oil or any flavorless oil for frying
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine lukewarm water and yeast. Let it sit until dissolve for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly whisk evaporated milk sugar salt egg and vanilla extract. Add it to the yeast mixture.
- Mix in about 2 cups flour and continue mixing with hand or dough mixer. If using a stand mixer mix for about a minute or 2.
- Finally add melted butter mix until dough is sticky but smooth. Add in additional flour (if needed) to make soft dough.
- Turn dough on lightly floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes Place dough in a greased bowl turning once to coat the dough. Cover loosely with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm draft-free place for about 2 hours or until doubled.
- Punch the dough down- remove the dough from the bowl.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into ¼ – 1/3 inch thick. Then cut out dough into 1 1/2 or 2? squares you can use a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before frying.
- Working in batches so as to not crowd the oil fry the dough squares until they are puffy and golden brown. Remove from the oil make a pit stop on the paper towels and immediately dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot with Café au lait!!!!!
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here