Nantucket Christmas Cranberry Pie
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour *
* GLUTEN-FREE ALTERNATIVE
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour *
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch *
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the filling ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into a generously buttered 10 pie plate.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the eggs and almond extract and beat again until fluffy. Add the flour and beat once more.
- Spread the thick batter over the cranberry mixture in the pan. I used a small cookie scoop to quickly dollop spoonfuls across the top of the pie. It doesn t need to look perfect.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes test doneness with a toothpick just to make sure the topping is cooked through. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
NotesIf you do not have a 10 pan a 9 pan will work fine it will simply need about 10 extra minutes of baking time.Base Recipe adapted from site