My Mom s Old-fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pot roast (about 2 pounds)
- 2 russet potatoes chopped
- 1 bag frozen seasoning blend (or just chopped onions)
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 bag frozen green beans
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 1 (32 oz) container beef broth
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans tomato soup
- 1 can filled with water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place in your slow cooker with half a can of beef broth. Cook on LOW for about 10 hours and shred with two forks.
- In a very large pot saute carrots and seasoning mix in 1 tablespoon oil until tender.
- Add beef potatoes remaining veggies remaining beef broth tomato soup water salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil lower the heat cover and simmer for about an hour.
- Add water as desired while it cooks.
- This can also be cooked in the slow cooker! Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Shred beef once cooked.
Base Recipe adapted from site