Mediterranean Grilled Chicken + Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce
INGREDIENTSFor the Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill stems removed
- 1 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Salt if needed
For the Grilled Chicken:
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground green cardamom
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium size red onion sliced
- Juice of 1–2 lemons
- First make the dill Greek yogurt sauce. Combine the minced garlic fresh dill yogurt olive oil lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Run the food processor until all the ingredients are well blended and a smooth thick sauce or dip develops. Test and add salt if needed. Transfer to a small bowl or container cover and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl mix together the minced garlic spices and 3 tbsp olive oil. Pat the chicken thighs dry and rub each with the garlic-spice mixture.
- Place the spiced chicken thighs in a large dish on a bed of sliced red onions with lemon juice and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready heat a gas grill to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs on the grill. Cover for 5-6 minutes then turn the chicken over and grill for another 5-6 minutes covered.
- Serve with a side of the dill Greek yogurt dip you prepared earlier!
- To complete this light meal add Greek potatoes or pita bread and a salad like Fattoush Salad.
This article and recipe adapted from this site