Maple Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats divided
- 1 cup milk any kind (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pecan halves roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add 1 cup old fashioned oats to a food processor or blender then process until oats have turned into flour. Set aside. (Alternatively you could use a scant cup oat flour.)
- Add milk pumpkin puree maple syrup coconut oil egg and vanilla to a large bowl then whisk to combine. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups oats oat flour chia seeds pumpkin pie spice baking powder baking soda and salt then stir to combine. Fold in chopped pecans then pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center has set. Check on the bars at the 25 minute mark – if the edges are browning too quickly place a piece of foil on top of the baking pan. Cool before slicing into bars then store in the refrigerator or individually wrap bars in saran wrap and freeze.
This article and recipe adapted from this site