Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- 14 ounces Cauliflower florets cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2.5 ounces Pepperoni
- 2 pounds Italian Sausage if in casings remove from casing before cooking
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Green Pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1.5 cups Low Carb Pasta Sauce we use Rao’s Homemade Marinara
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese powdered
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Steam the cauliflower. Place cut cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Don’t overcook!
- Drain the cauliflower pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the Italian sausage approximately 15 minutes. When the sausage has finished cooking drain the excess fat. Set aside.
- In the same skillet at olive oil and saute mushrooms over medium high heat for 10 minutes to remove the excess water. Set aside when done.
- Prepare a 13×9 inch casserole dish by spraying it with non-stick spray then spread ½ cup of pasta sauce on the bottom.
- In a large bowl add the cauliflower cooked Italian sausage mushrooms and green peppers. Toss together until well mixed.
- Spread ½ of the mixture in the casserole dish. Top with ½ cup of pasta sauce followed by ½ of the pepperonis (kind of press them down in between the other toppings) and finally 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- Next spread the remaining toppings mixture over the cheese followed by the pepperonis (save 10 slices for the top of the casserole) remaining ½ cup of pasta sauce and 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl mix together the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan mixture over the casserole and top with 10 slices of pepperoni.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole is warmed through and the cheese is fully melted.
This article and recipe adapted from this site