Killer Chicken Thigh Marinade
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 4 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 5 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade together in a large bowl or a plastic Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and make sure that every piece is covered evenly. Marinate in a fridge for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours or better yet overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken and all of the marinade in a baking dish. Bake uncovered at 450 degrees F for 25-30 minutes with the skin side up until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. To make sure the chicken tops are nicely browned and do not dry out baste the chicken thighs in the juices and marinade about 15-20 minutes into baking.
- To get a nicely browned crisped up skin turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes when the thighs are almost done cooking. Monitor broiling very closely as the tops may burn if broiled for too long.
This article and recipe adapted from this site