Italian Lemon Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (162 grams)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch (50 grams)
- zest & juice of one lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup +2 tablespoons butter (softened)* (175 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60 grams)
- *I use salted butter if you use unsalted then increase the salt to 1/4 teaspoon.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (strained)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (180 grams)
- 1 zest lemon
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour cornstarch zest and salt.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed the butter and sugar until fluffy 3-5 minutes. Then add half the flour and the lemon juice beat to combine. Then add the remaining flour and with a wooden spoon or spatula combine to form a dough (the dough will be a little sticky if the dough is too sticky then add 1-2 tablespoons of flour).
- Transfer the dough to a large piece of parchment paper and roll the dough into a log approximately 1 1/2 inches (4cm) wide. Wrap the dough in the parchment paper and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) slices. Place the slices on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 320F (120C).
- Bake the cookies for 5 minutes then raise the oven temperature to 350F (180C) and continue to bake for 9-10 minutes. The should be light gold in colour. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies can be either dusted with powdered sugar or spread with a lemon glaze. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here