Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes or long strips
- oil for deep-frying
- 2 garlic minced
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water ice cold
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
Honey Sesame Sauce:
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all the Frying Batter ingredients together until smooth. Set aside. Drop in the chicken cubes mix well until they are well coated. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of the Honey Sesame Sauce together and set aside.
- Heat up a saute pan and add about 2-inch of oil on medium to high heat. When the oil is fully heated gently drop in the battered chicken cubes one by one making sure it is spread out to prevent sticking together. Continue to fry until the color changes to golden brown. Dish out and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of the frying oil in a wok or skillet stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Add in the Honey Sesame Sauce and bring to a light simmer or until the sauce thickens. Drop in the chicken stir-fry a few times to combine the sauce and chicken add the sesame seeds dish out and serve immediately with steamed white rice or Chinese fried rice.
This article and recipe adapted from this site