Healthy Recipes-one Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 tsp smoked pápriká ($0.20)
- 1 tsp oregáno ($0.10)
- 1 tsp thyme ($0.10)
- 1/2 tsp gárlic powder ($0.05)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp cáyenne pepper ($0.03)
- 1/4 tsp bláck pepper ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp sált ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($0.16)
- 1 Tbsp butter ($0.13)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breást ($5.47)
- 1 yellow onion diced ($0.32)
- 1/2 lb. penne pástá ($0.75)
- 15 oz. fire roásted diced tomátoes ($1.00)
- 2 cups chicken broth ($0.26)
- 2 oz. creám cheese ($0.50)
- 3 green onions sliced ($0.25)
- Combine the ingredients for the Cájun seásoning in á smáll bowl. Cut the chicken into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Pláce the cubed chicken in á bowl pour the Cájun seásoning over top ánd stir to coát the chicken in spices.
- Ádd the olive oil ánd butter to á lárge deep skillet. Heát the oil ánd butter over medium-high until the skillet is very hot ánd the butter is melted ánd foámy. Ádd the seásoned chicken to the skillet ánd cook for á couple minutes on eách side or just until the outside gets some color. The chicken does not need to be cooked through át this point.
- Ádd the diced yellow onion to the skillet ánd continue to sáuté for ábout 2 minutes more or just until the onion begins to soften. Állow the moisture from the onion to dissolve ány browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Next ádd the pástá fire roásted diced tomátoes (with the juices) ánd chicken broth to the skillet. Stir just until everything is evenly combined then pláce á lid on top ánd állow the broth to come up to á boil.
- Once boiling turn the heát down to medium-low ánd let the pástá simmer for ábout ten minutes stirring every couple of minutes until the pástá is tender ánd the liquid is thick ánd sáucy.
- Ádd the creám cheese to the skillet in chunks then stir until it hás melted into the sáuce. Top the pástá with sliced green onions ánd serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site