Greek Chicken Bowls (meal Prep Easy)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs garlic minced (Note adjust to preference)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 English cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- 1 tsp – up to 1 Tbs minced garlic adjust to garlic preference
- 1/2 Tbs dill weed or 1 Tbs fresh dill chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- In a large plastic zip bag combine olive oil garlic lemon juice red wine vinegar oregano greek yogurts and salt and pepper. Massage to mix.
- Add chicken into the bag.
- Massage to make sure chicken is full covered and marinate for at least 20 minutes up to 12 hours.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade discarding the marinade.
- In a skillet heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- I used my Anolon Skillet which I love because it heats evenly is metal utensil friendly and can be used in the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Add chicken when it is hot and cook flipping part way through. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Cooking time depends on thickness and size of the chicken. Cook until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- Once cool cut into bite sized pieces. Just make sure you let it cool or all the juice will run out.
- Meanwhile make cucumber salad by chunking the cucumbers and tossing in a bowl with the lemon juice olive oil red wine vinegar garlic and oregano. Set aside
- Make tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt cucumber garlic dill weed lemon juice lemon zest in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. And add mint (optional)
- Refrigerate while assembling your bowls.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. When finished cooking divide between meal prep containers 1/2 cup in each container halve cherry tomatoes and mix with red onion slices. Divide amongst the bowls.
- Top with chicken cucumber salad and some tzatziki sauce.
- Keep for 3- 5 days in airtight container serve cold!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE