Easy Two Ingredient Crispy Oven Bbq Chicken
- 8-10 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks bone-in skin on
- 2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the chicken on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees.
- Coat the top of the chicken with barbecue sauce using a basting brush. Use a spatula to flip the chicken over being careful not to tear the skin. Baste the other side of the chicken and place back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven baste top with barbecue sauce and place back in oven for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven again and baste again for a total of three times and place back in oven for 7 more minutes.
- If the chicken hasn t crisped and browned to your liking move the oven rack up and broil the chicken for 3-5 minutes until it s more crispy.
This article and recipe adapted from this site