Easy Trisha Yearwood Apple Dumplings
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 canned buttermilk biscuits
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel core and slice the apples vertically into 8 slices each. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl of water and add the apple slices to keep from turning brown.
- In a medium saucepan mix 1 cup water 3/4 cup of the sugar the butter and vanilla. Bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Wrap a biscuit layer around a slice of apple stretching the biscuit slightly to overlap and seal on the bottom. Place the wrapped slices sealed-side down in a 9- by 12- by 2-inch casserole dish. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the wrapped apples. Bake until golden brown 35 minutes.
This article and recipe adapted from this site