Easy Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken And Potatoes
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken with basil oregano rosemary salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken skin-side down and sear both sides until golden brown about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set chicken aside.
- Place potatoes into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in olive oil garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until the chicken is completely cooked through reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan and garnished with parsley if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site