- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup grated zucchini wrung out
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
US Customary – MetricInstructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk sugar flour cinnamon baking soda salt coconut and walnuts until combined. Add in zucchini and carrot and stir. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Whisk the wet ingredients together and then start to incorporate the dry into the wet using a rubber spatula until just combined. Scoop into prepared tins and bake 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool 7 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days OR freeze for up to 2 months.
This article and recipe adapted from this site