Easy Man-catchin’ Oven Baked Fried Chicken
- 1 1/3 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of margarine ( or butter!! it works!)
- 8 pieces of your choice of chicken SKIN ON
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Grease a baking sheet large enough for 8 pieces of chicken and set aside
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Line up your bowls and your baking sheet in this order from right to left; egg flour then baking sheet.
- First dip your chicken into the flour mixture and cover it completely.
- Dip it into the egg mixture then into the flour mixture again for a second coat.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with all chicken pieces.
- Place in fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the margarine ( or butter!) and drizzle evenly over the top of the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches the appropriate temperature (165 for Breast meat 180 for dark meat)
- Remove and serve!
This article and recipe adapted from this site