Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I use avocado but you can use coconut or canola – something with a high smoke point is best!)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (uncooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt per chicken breast (or you can use just garlic powder and regular salt)
- dash black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the sauté function on the Instant Pot at the highest setting and add oil to the pot.
- Season one side of the chicken breasts.
- After the display reads hot carefully add the chicken breasts seasoned side down to the pot. I use tongs to avoid hot oil splatter.
- Add seasoning on the second side.
- Cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side and remove from pot with the tongs.
- Add 1 cup water to the pot (may need more for 8 quart pots) plus the trivet.
- Place the chicken on the trivet.
- Lock the lid and cook on manual high for 5 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick release the rest.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving for maximum juiciness.
This article and recipe adapted from this site