Easy Buttermilk Baked Chicken Recipe
This recipe definitely doesn t disappoint. It tastes wonderful and is a cinch to make!**Ingredients:
- Vegetable oil for baking sheet
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 pounds chicken parts (preferably legs thighs and wings) rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously rub a baking sheet with oil. In a food processor pulse bread until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl stir together buttermilk hot-pepper sauce 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl mix breadcrumbs Parmesan thyme and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place chicken in the buttermilk mixture turning to coat evenly. Working with one piece at a time remove chicken from liquid letting excess drip back into bowl; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture turning to coat evenly. Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown about 35 minutes.Note: Leave enough space between the chicken pieces so that they crisp evenly all the way around.