Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup salsa (red or green)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 small scallions diced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese salsa lime juice cumin chili powder onion powder garlic cilantro and scallions until well combine and creamy. Add in the cooked chicken and cheese; stir to thoroughly combine.
- Working with a few tortillas at a time heat them in the microwave between two paper towels until they are soft enough to roll (about 10 seconds).
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla tightly.
- Place the rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the mixture is gone making sure the taquitos are not touching each other.
- Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt (don’t skip the salt!)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with salsa sour cream or guacamole.
This article and recipe adapted from this site