Delicious Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast (can substitute with ground chicken ground beef or ground pork)
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil*
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic**
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- ½ cup grated or “matchstick” carrots
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (optional but recommended)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook stirring until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
- Add diced onion sesame oil and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook stirring for a few more minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add garlic ginger soy sauce hoisin sauce (optional) coleslaw mix and carrots to the skillet. Cook stirring for about 5-7 more minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
This article and recipe adapted from this site