Creamy Vegan Polenta With Mushrooms And Spinach
This Creamy Vegan Polenta with Mushrooms Spinach and Pine nuts makes an easy gluten-free lunch or dinner which is plant-based healthy and ready in only 15 minutes. It s also perfect as side dish and you can serve it with any vegetables you like.Ingredients
- Polenta (Basic Recipe):
- 1 cup polenta (150 g) (see recipe notes*)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk* (200 ml)
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth (300 ml)
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mushroom Spinach Topping:
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 7 oz mushrooms (200 g) sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
- salt black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts (options see text above)
- Bring coconut milk and vegetable broth to a boil in a pot. Stir in polenta by using a whisk.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and continue to whisk for 1-2 minutes to avoid lumps.
- Then cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes (or according packaging instructions*) stirring occasionally. (If the polenta thickens too much you can add additional milk and/or water and stir to thin.)
- Once the Polenta is ……………..
Please visit Creamy Vegan Polenta with Mushrooms and Spinach for full instructions.