Creamy Tomato Basil Skillet Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt & pepper
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SAUCE
- 7 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- chopped fresh basil
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp cold water
- Slice your 4 chicken breasts horizontally to create 8 thin breast cutlets. (If you have a smaller skillet you can leave the breasts whole. I like them thin to soak up more sauce and cook faster.)
- Add olive oil to skillet. Heat to medium high heat.
- Add chicken to hot pan. Sprinkle salt pepper and dried basil on top of each breast. Cook until browned about 5 minutes. Flip chicken. Cook until remaining side of chicken is browned about 5 minutes. (It can take less time if you re using smaller cutlets so keep an eye on them.)
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add all sauce ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended sauce into the pan. Add spinach and a handful of cherry tomatoes. Stir until spinach is mixed in with sauce. Add your chicken back to the pan. Reduce heat to medium low or low. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes so sauce is heated through and cherry tomatoes are softened.
- To thicken sauce turn off heat. Shake together 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small jar. Pour flour slurry into the sauce and stir. Sauce will begin to thicken quickly as you stir. If you want an even thicker sauce repeat steps with another 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot flour and 1/2 tablespoon water. (Be sure not to add the arrowroot flour directly to the sauce or you ll end up with clumps. It must be shaken with equal parts water before being added to sauce.) Sprinkle chopped fresh basil on top of chicken before serving.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here