Creamy Pepperjack Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
Creamy Pepperjack Chicken Enchiladas CasseroleOne of the dishes my mom would make was creamy enchiladas. I understand that this is so not real Mexican food but maybe that’s why I loved it so much as a kid. I now love a creamy enchilada casserole made all ways including real authentic Enchiladas from one of those little Mexican restaurants. I need to find a good authentic enchilada recipe to add to my Mexican food Tuesday list but for now I am totally ok eating these creamy enchiladas every few weeks.These creamy pepper jack chicken enchiladas are to die for. So cheesy and so creamy.PREP TIME: 20 minsCOOK TIME: 40 minsTOTAL TIME: 1 hourINGREDIENTS
- 4 chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 oz can Ortega green chilies chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 9 medium size tortillas
- ¾ lb. grated pepper jack cheese
- ¼ lb. grated cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl combine soup sour cream chilies onions and pepper jack cheese together.
- Take out and set aside 2 cups of this mixture.
- Add chicken pieces to the original cream mixture bowl and mix together.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with 3 tortillas ripped into fourths.
- Spread ½ of the chicken mixture over the tortillas. .
- Rip 3 more tortillas up and layer over the chicken mixture.
- Spread the rest of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Layer with 3 more torn tortillas
- Pour the 2 cups of sauce over the top of the tortillas. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degree for 40-45 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
Other Recipes Made From Casserole
- Great Famous Beef Enchilada Casserole
- Marry Me Hamburger Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole