Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken And Rice
- 1.5 Pounds Chicken Breasts Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large onion Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced (3 Teaspoons)
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley for serving Optional
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan along with the Italian seasoning pepper and salt.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes until chicken is golden on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and rice to the pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 17-20 minutes until rice is completely tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan. Serve immediately topped with parsley if desired.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE