Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
This easy to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is a healthy vegan recipe that makes a perfect Meatless Monday dinner recipe. It takes less than an hour (mostly hands-off time) to make and is packed full of delicious Indian flavors. Make extras and you ll have a giant smile on your face at lunch the next day.INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon each: cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- 1 head of garlic chopped (10–12 cloves)
- 1 – 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ginger chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 – 15-ounce can coconut milk
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and coriander seeds and toast until they start to brown about 45 seconds. Add the garlic to the pot and let it brown about 2 minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes ginger turmeric and sea salt to the pot and cook stirring the pot a few times for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and if using the cayenne powder and 3 cups of water to the pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low cover the pot and let it simmer for 35-40 minutes or until the lentils are soft. Stir the pot a few times to prevent the lentils from sticking to the bottom. If the curry starts to look dry add an extra 1/2 – 1 cup of water.
- Once the lentils are soft add the coconut milk and cherry tomatoes and bring the pot back to a simmer. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
For Full Instructions You Can Visit : theendlessmeal.com