Creamy Bacon Chicken
- 6 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Flour for dredging
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Cut the bacon up and add it to a skillet (I use kitchen shears to make this job quick). Fry it over medium-high heat until crispy (about 10 mins). Once the bacon is done take it out of the pan and set it aside. Leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Meanwhile prep your chicken (cut it in half lengthwise so you have 4 smaller cutlets). Sprinkle them with the garlic powder and pepper and then coat them in the flour.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook it in the remaining bacon fat over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes/side or until it s golden. If it starts to splatter a lot reduce the heat. Once the chicken is browned take it out of the pan and set it aside.
- Add the chicken broth lemon juice and butter to the pan. Let it bubble until it s reduced by half (about 3-4 minutes).
- Stir in the cream and once it starts to bubble add the chicken and bacon back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce has reduced to your liking.
This article and recipe adapted from this site