Cream Tea Scones With Blackberry Whipped Cream
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup granulated sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- coarse white sparkling sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease bundt/muffin pan and sprinkle each cavity with coarse white sugar if desired.
- Whisk together the flour baking powder salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle the vanilla over the dry ingredients then drizzle in the cream tossing and stirring gently all the while and adding just enough to make a cohesive dough. There shouldn t be any dry flour in the bottom of the bowl but the dough shouldn t be particularly sticky either.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out dough to 3/4 thickness.
- Using a large cookie scoop like you would a cookie cutter punch out circles of dough and place into prepared bundt pan. Press gently into each cup.
- For best rising place the pan of scones into the freezer for 15 minutes. Bake the chilled scones for 14-15 minutes until they are starting to brown.
- Remove scones from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack. Makes 16 scones.
While the scones are cooling prepare the filling:
- Into a chilled bowl with chilled beaters place heavy cream and powdered sugar and beat until you get stiff peaks. On slowest setting beat in blackberry jam just until combined. Place filling in a large piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Slice cooled scones in half pipe desired amount of filling on bottom half replace top half pipe a pretty swirl of filling on top and garnish with a blackberry.
- Place these on the tea table and prepare for
- ooooohs and aaaahs!
- So yummy and delicious!! Enjoy!!
This article and recipe adapted from this site