Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results use parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl sift the flour baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the butter and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing – do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon again no overmixing just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm.
- Using a small or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets 6 to 8 per pan depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies 1 sheet at a time until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched
- Small cookies bake 8-10 minutes
- Large cookies bake 10-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size.
This article and recipe adapted from this site